Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) aims to identify possible risks to the environment (social, economic, biodiversity) that may result from a proposed action. This information is then used to recommend whether to proceed with the action and, if so, on what conditions.
The critical issues are the magnitude of effects and the inherent risks that need to be adequately addressed.
DPM Envirosciences adopts the principles of EIA advocated by the Australian and New Zealand Environment and Conservation Council (ANZECC), being:
- to ensure decisions are taken following timely and sound environmental advice
- to encourage and provide opportunities for public participation in environmental aspects of proposals, before decisions are taken
- to ensure that proponents of proposals take primary responsibility for protection of the environment relating to their proposals
- to facilitate environmentally sound proposals by minimising adverse impacts and maximising benefits to the environment
- to provide a basis for ongoing environmental management such as through the results of monitoring; and
- to promote awareness and education in environmental values.
DPM Envirosciences combines scientific knowledge with industry experience and a strong understanding of State and Federal approvals processes to complete robust EIA’s and to devise practical impact mitigation and management measures to facilitate sustainable development. We are experienced and proficient in the management and preparation of various forms of EIA, including:
- Environmental Impact Statements (EIS’s)
- Environmental Assessments (EA’s)
- Reviews of Environmental Factors (REF’s)
- Statements of Environmental Effects (SEE’s)
- Ministerial Designations of Community Infrastructure (IAR and FAR)
- EPBC Act Self-assessment and referral
The DPM Envirosciences team has been involved in the EIA process for numerous projects throughout Queensland and NSW.
This experience spans many industries including mining, infrastructure (power, coal seam gas, road, rail, water and waste), Defence, agriculture and industrial developments.
DPM Envirosciences has the flexibility to compile specialist EIA project teams who are truly ‘best for project’, free from the obligation to use internal specialists that many larger consultancies can be restrained by.
Please get in touch for more information.